Thursday, September 16, 2010
Tuesday, August 3, 2010
Hi a blog after a long time. This one covers my preparation to welcome Ganesh festival
I started with frames for the room in which I am planning to have ganesh sthapna.
I had major of my ideas from http://increations.blogspot.com/
This one is still under construction so wait for the finish product.
Thursday, August 13, 2009
Dr. Deepak Purohit wrote to president of INDIA
PLEASE GO THROUGH THIS
I agree with you that swine flu awareness is needed, but there is no need to be panicky and join the publicity propaganda carried out by media and others which acts as a vehicle to spread misconception than to spread scientific information.
These are few facts about swine flu when discussed with the leading epidemiologists.
1) Swine flu, that is H1N1 flu is not new, first detected in 1987
2) Infective stage of flue is 5 days, 1 day before and 4 days after onset of symptoms
3) The best way to prevent it spreading is asking patient having symptoms of flu like fever cough and running nose to take rest at home for 4 days so he does not transmit it
4) Masks are of limited value if any, in this disease, it can spread through droplets on your skin, through contact etc, and I have seen that the masks in Pune are worn as fashion statement, while walking on road today morning I saw people wearing masks coming out for a morning walk with their dogs!, many wearing masks around their necks, and so on, infect these masks shall act as the vehicles to carry the virus, instead, avoiding crowded places or cinema halls or malls where air conditioners are on, is advisable, because you get recalculated air, where the virus density multiplies
5)Death after H1N1 flu is not common, infect infections like measles is taking toll of thousands more every year, and we are oblivious of the facts. Swine flu is being blown out of proportion by media trying to create hysteria among lay people.
6) Fever accompanied by respiratory distress, should be immediately notified which is likely to be a complication of H1N1 flu
7)The mortality is less than .01 percent of those affected, that means may be one in 10,000 affected is likely to suffer the life loss.
8) If you remember, 2 years ago SARS was blown out of proportion, what happened? Humans develop immunity to the virus, the same is going to happen, we develop immunity in due course of time, the virus is in the air, you can not stop it, our body is already developing the immunity so nothing to panic.
We need to take care of children and elderly who have less immunity and do not let them go to crowded places that are all.
WE MUST START THIS CAMPAIGN OF NOT TO BE AFRAID OF THIS FLU AND LET YOUR DAILY WORK CONTINUE AS NORMAL, NO MASKS FOR ORDINARY CITIZENS, HEALTH CARE WORKERS OR SPECIFIC EXPOSED TO LOT OF CROWDED ENVIRONMENTS MAY BE BENEFITTED, NOT PROVEN.
I am amazed to hear that people are selling masks of RS 20 each which are available to less than Rupee 1 in the market.
See who is getting benefitted?
Please spread the scientific info, do not join the band wagon and stick to science, that should be the order of the day.
Avoid eating outside, especially road side vendors…
Take extra precaution on children who are more vulnerable to the disease .. even if it is a small symptom, it is best to have a thorough check done .
STAY ALERT! PREVENT AGAINST SWINE FLU
GOVERNMENT AUTHORIZED HOSPITALS FOR TREATMENT OF SWINE FLU
- King Institute of Preventive Medicine (24/7 Service) Guindy, Chennai – 32 (044) 22501520, 22501521 & 22501522
- Communicable Diseases Hospital Thondiarpet, Chennai (044) 25912686/87/88, 9444459543
- Government General Hospital Opp. Central Railway Station, Chennai – 03 (044) 25305000, 25305723, 25305721, 25330300
- Naidu Hospital Nr Le'Meridian, Raja Bahadur Mill, GPO, Pune - 01 (020) 26058243
- National Institute of Virology 20A Ambedkar Road, Pune - 11 (020) 26006290
- ID Hospital 57,Beliaghata, Beliaghata Road, Kolkata - 10 (033) 23701252
- Government General Hospital Near Railway Station, (0422) 2301393, 2301394, 2301395, 2301396
Trichy Road, Coimbatore - 18
- Govt... General and Chest Diseases Hospital, Erragadda, Hyderabad (040) 23814939
- Kasturba Gandhi Hospital Arthur Road, N M Joshi Marg, Jacob Circle, Mumbai - 11 (022) 23083901, 23092458, 23004512
- Sir J J Hospital J J Marg, Byculla, Mumbai - 08 (022) 23735555, 23739031, 23760943, 23768400 / 23731144 / 5555 / 23701393 / 1366
- Haffkine Institute Acharya Donde Marg, Parel, Mumbai - 12 (022) 24160947, 24160961, 24160962
- Government Medical College Gandhi Nagar P O, Kottayam - 08 (0481) 2597311,2597312
- Government Medical College Vandanam P O, Allapuzha - 05 (0477) 2282015
- Taluk Hospital Railway Station Road, Alwaye, Ernakulam (0484) 2624040 Sathyajit - 09847840051
- Taluk Hospital Perumbavoor PO, Ernakulam 542 (0484) 2523138 Vipin - 09447305200
- All India Institute of Medical Sciences (AIIMS) Ansari Nagar, Aurobindo Marg Ring Road, New Delhi - 29 (011) 26594404, 26861698 Prof. R C Deka - 9868397464
- Delhi National Institute for Communicable Diseases 22, Sham Nath Marg, (011) 23971272/060/344/524/449/326
New Delhi - 54
- Dr. Ram Manohar Lohia Hospital Kharak Singh Marg, (011) 23741640, 23741649, 23741639
New Delhi - 01 Dr. N K Chaturvedi – 9811101704
- Vallabhai Patel Chest Institute University Enclave, New Delhi- 07 (011) 27667102, 27667441, 27667667, 27666182
- Victoria Hospital K R Market, Kalasipalayam, Bangalore - 02 (080) 26703294 Dr. Gangadhar - 94480-49863
- SDS Tuberculosis & Rajiv Gandhi Institute of Chest Diseases Hosur Road, Hombegowda Nagar, Bangalore - 29 (080) 26631923 Dr. Shivaraj - 99801-48780
Wednesday, August 12, 2009
Monday, May 18, 2009
Looking back in time. Oh the good old days of games and frolic. Had a wonderful opportunity to bring out the child in me. “believe me when I say bringing out child in me its like bring a hurricane in the house I am more of a childlike and more naughtier than my kid at times”
Had to organize games for my building kids and elders too. Had wonderful chance to play with all but the most difficult part was to think up games for teens.
My forwarded email service from some of my old friends helped me found a good idea in a logo quiz and also anand’s puzzle blog gave me the idea to put it forward for all of You.
So my friends and fellowbloggers here are some logos for you to identify
The answers to which U get soon in the next blog
0-5 : hey my 5yr old got more than that
5-9: most teenagers in my society got it
10: now we have a genius here.
Wednesday, May 6, 2009
Friday, March 27, 2009
Just few days back i spoke to a friend about the antics of my child. and just was thinking how far out this generation is . I never knew what terrorist are at 5. my 5 years old and his same aged friends play terrorist where they are the police who do encounter with the terrorist.
U should see my son pretend to speak on this toy phone "target samne hain". Kill on order.
Was I shocked when i heard that.
I remember playing with my dolls and preparing for their weddings. but this was a far cry from what I expected my kid to do.
Are they growing too fast was my question??
how do we restrict their media exposure even the cartoons 2day are full of violence. and the cartoons translated in Hindi are so pathetic .
It was my fault too a hilarious incident with my friends in my sons presence had such a effect on him i never thought.
it so happened that we i.e. my hubby and some of our friends went for the movie Dostana. my friend has met a new fellow who he gets along well with so he invited that new fellow for movie too. our seats were in different adjacent rows we were a big group so all of us sat with their spouse but that fellow sat with his new friend and his wife sat with us.
after the show his wife and all of us started teasing him about his friend saying that aaj kal he is more with this new friend then his wife. and then when ever we meet them we always ask him about his dostana.
i never thought my son noticed this . so lo and behold after few days janav i.e my son was speaking to his cousins drashya about his friends. drahya who is 5 said that his best boy friend is so and so. on that i was spellbound to hear my son go boyfriend like in dostana.
we bust out laughing but still I was worried of what he has understood of the dostana bit.